Sunday, January 3, 2010

mkelly's 11 New Year's Resolutions

11. Stop spending money on stupid shit (I'm looking at you, iphone apps.)
10. Eat healthier and exercise more (obviously.)
9. Write a book.
8. Read more books for fun.
7. Write a blog post every day.
6. See those movies that people talk about and I've never seen so I just nod and laugh and act like I know what I'm talking about. I hate not getting references.
5. Stop biting my nails once and for all (so far, I haven't started this resolution, but I'm working on it and I'm convinced that it's early enough in the year that it doesn't matter.)
4. Figure out what I'm doing with my life.
3. Become more fluent in Spanish.


2. Be more thankful. I feel super lame, but I have an enormous amount of people to thank for the past year. So many, in fact, that I prefer not to name them so I don't accidentally miss someone and have them feel unappreciated. So thank you, you know who you are, for everything you did for me this year: the calls, gchats, emails, visits, hugs, smiles, the listening to me repeat myself and acting like you never heard it before, etc. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. <3


1. Love life a little more. I realized today that 2009 was not a great year for one Meghan A. Kelly. It hadn't even occurred to me before, but now that I think about it, it kind of sucked. I spent a lot of the year being stressed out, worried, anxious, confused, aimless and just overall lost. That's not to say that I didn't love the times I spent with my family and friends, or that there weren't amazing moments of 2009. There were. I grew a lot this year (emotionally, but also horizontally, hence resolution 10). But, I think the overarching theme for me was being lost. What the hell am I doing with my life? What do I want? Why did I spend time doing things that make me miserable? My goal is to enjoy being lost and everything that comes with it. This might mean I'll have to be more proactive with this grad school shit, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment